You can suppress alerts if you want to stop receiving notifications for similar alerts. For example, if a critical alert is triggered and you want to silence alerts whose severity is not critical, you can create a suppression policy.
- The source alert and the destination alert must be in the same merge set.
- The source alert must be in the triggered status.
- The time that you specify to suppress an alert must be earlier than the time specified to send the alert notification. If the source alert is cleared before an alert notification is sent, the specified suppression policy becomes invalid. In this case, the alert notification is sent if conditions are met for the destination alert.
If a Kubernetes cluster triggers a critical alert and you want to silence alerts whose severity is not critical, you can create a suppression policy. For more information, see Create an alert policy.
- In the Condition dialog box, specify conditions for the source alert.
- In the Denoise Alert dialog box, specify conditions for the destination alert.