If message consumption exceptions occur, you can check the consumer status in the Message Queue for Apache RocketMQ console for troubleshooting. You can view information about consumer instances in a group identified by a group ID. You can also view information about a consumer instance in the group.
Consumer status information includes online status, subscription, consumption transactions per second (TPS), message accumulation, and stack information. Consumer status information is often used in the following troubleshooting scenarios:
- Subscription inconsistency
- Symptom: On the Consumer Status page, the Consistent Subscription field of a group ID is shown as No.
- Solution: For more information about how to handle subscription inconsistency, see.
- Message accumulation
- Symptom: On the Consumer Status, the Real-time Accumulated Messages field of a group ID shows a value that is higher than expected.
- Solution: For more information about how to handle message accumulation, see How can I handle accumulated messages?.
View comprehensive information about a group ID
To view comprehensive information about the consumer instances identified by a specific group ID, perform the following steps:
- Log on to the. In the top navigation bar, select a region, such as China (Hangzhou).
- On the Instances page, find the instance and click Details in the Actions column.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Groups.
- On the Groups page, find the group ID and click Consumer Status in the Actions column.
The result is shown in the following figure.
|Field or icon||Description|
|Online status icon||
|Is Subscription Consistent||This field indicates whether the subscription information of all consumer instances with the group ID is consistent. For more information about subscription consistency, see Subscription consistency.|
|Real-time Consumption Speed||The total TPS at which messages are received by the consumer instances with the group ID. Unit: messages/s.|
|Real-time Message Accumulation||The total number of messages that have not been consumed by the consumer instances with the group ID.|
|Last Consumed At||The time when the consumer instances with the group ID last consumed a message.|
|Message Delay Time||The difference between the creation time of the earliest unconsumed message assigned to the group and the current time.|
View information about a consumer instance with a specific group ID
If the online status of the group ID is Online, you can view information about each online consumer instance with the group ID in the Connection Information section, including Client ID, Host IP/Internet IP, Process ID, and Messages Accumulated.View more information
You can also click Details in the Description column to view more information about a specific consumer instance, including Consumption Threads, Consumer Start Time, Subscription, and Consumption Statistics. This is shown in the following figure.View thread and stack information
If you have set metrics and received alerts about message accumulation, see What can I do if I receive a message accumulation alert?.